2. 94% of frequent online shoppers ranked clear product photography as extremely important for shopping experiences
3. Content acceleration is important for site performance and improving shopper experience
4. Personalization is extremely important to online shoppers, wish lists, advertising items that the shopper would buy, etc.
5. Demos, online chat and tracking delivery are the top three customer service features for online shoppers
6. Rich media, performance, personalization, secure info, post sales support are among the most important strategies for e-commerce sites
7. Professional appearance, trust and credibility and transactional safety are #1 for fixing your e-commerce site
8. Make visitors feel safe with trust marks like credit card logos, brand name logos, and VeriSafe seals
9. Don’t overwhelm shoppers with choice!
10. Give shoppers small clear set of choices, show top categories in content area, no individual products on home page
11. Decide what you want to be when you grow up! What is your business about?! Show that on the home page!
12. For ecommerce the purpose of your homepage is self selected navigation to get people off the home page and into the store to buy your products
13. Use wizards for complex searches
14. Ecommerce product pages need a clear call to action, social proof and popularity, detailed information and high quality images
There are many other ways to help make your e-commerce site stand out and to entice customers to buy. If you need assistance on any of these strategies please contact us!
The Discovery Communications Group is an award-winning, fully-integrated marketing agency located in Salem, NH, that specializes in professional web design, search engine optimization, and social media marketing strategy. DCG also provides printing and mailing services to meet every advertising need, servicing clients throughout New Hampshire and Massachusetts.